The Steampunk Empire

The Crossroads of the Aether

General Chat (1,017)

Featured Discussions

RIP Richard Nagy AKA Datamancer

The very sad news is breaking that Richard Nagy died suddenly late last week. There seem to be few details at present, but for those unfami…

Started by Argus FairbrassLatest Reply

Curiosities of the Aether Waves (aka Links & Reviews)

Ladies & Gentlemen, May I modestly propose a discussion thread in which we share links to various steampunk (and such) sites that we h…

Started by Aloysius FoxLatest Reply

New Citizens of the Empire

As steampunks from all over the colonies of the new world and the motherlands of the old world gather on this fabulous crossroads of the Ae…

Started by Aloysius FoxLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Steampunk Opera?

I've found some music from The Steampunk Opera and I really enjoy it, but I can't seem to find anywhere to watch it or see if it's even sti…

Started by Miss Agatha Johnson

2 on Saturday
Reply by Miss Agatha Johnson

Carrington Event

Did the Carrington Event aka Great Solar Flare of 1859 kick off an age of SteamPunk and would another do the same?   Some background for th…

Started by Captain

7 on Friday
Reply by Captain

Victorian Walking sticks and Parasols - What kind do you use. Try to find and add related pictures or video clips !

This is a vintage cane with brass knob and tip, fresh from an old estate. The shaft is oak, and the top knob has good weight. This doubles…

Started by Wolfgang Metzger

983 on Wednesday
Reply by J XD

any out there??

so are there any places that cater to strictly steampunk/victorian clothing? not on-line but brick and mortar......

Started by Lycus Tybirius Blackthorn

8 on Wednesday
Reply by Lady CAT

Weapons at conventions....what are your experiences?

So my daughter has bought one of those Nerf Rebel crossbows they have on the market and wishes to design a Steampunk superhero around it.…

Started by Lady Rayna Keller

6 Nov 17
Reply by Albrecht von Saarbruchen

Steampunk or Steampunk-er?

Being fairly new to the Steampunk world, I am confused when someone refers to "steampunkers".  I thought we were steampunks.  Which is corr…

Started by J XD

10 Nov 17
Reply by J XD

1800's Frawdulant Inventions

Hey, I'm doing some research for a video I'm making and I need some help finding the right criteria for said research. What I'm trying to…

Started by Thorn Emrys Martinek

5 Nov 12
Reply by Thorn Emrys Martinek

the floating empire, coming to an estuary near you

So here we go, my new project.  We are building--wait for it!--a sternwheeler.  Thats right, we're building a sternwheel houseboat to live…

Started by Dr. Mungojerry Grindlebone

64 Nov 11
Reply by Dr. Mungojerry Grindlebone

Other "-punks"

So we've got steampunk (obviously, or this site wouldn't be here) and dieselpunk.  And I had sort-of-vaguely heard of decopunk, like 1920s…

Started by Alexandra Becca Seabrooke

19 Nov 8
Reply by Alexandra Becca Seabrooke

What would be best to attach a pressure gauge to a hat.

I have a pressure gauge I got at auto supply place & want to attach it to a stiff felt type top hat. What would anyone suggest to be th…

Started by Lori Hoffmann

6 Nov 8
Reply by Di Cooper

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hephzibah Marsh.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service