The Steampunk Empire

The Crossroads of the Aether

General Chat (1,036)

Featured Discussions

RIP Richard Nagy AKA Datamancer

The very sad news is breaking that Richard Nagy died suddenly late last week. There seem to be few details at present, but for those unfami…

Started by Argus FairbrassLatest Reply

Curiosities of the Aether Waves (aka Links & Reviews)

Ladies & Gentlemen, May I modestly propose a discussion thread in which we share links to various steampunk (and such) sites that we h…

Started by Aloysius FoxLatest Reply

New Citizens of the Empire

As steampunks from all over the colonies of the new world and the motherlands of the old world gather on this fabulous crossroads of the Ae…

Started by Aloysius FoxLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Grindlebone Village Project

The Grindlebone Village project has been a long time in gestation.  For those of you who know the cast of characters that has made up the G…

Started by Dr. Mungojerry Grindlebone

2 on Sunday
Reply by Dr. Mungojerry Grindlebone

Steamtown 18717

So I am fairly new to participating in Steampunk. I have followed it for some time though, and I am excited to get some inspiration here fo…

Started by Steamtown 18717

13 on Sunday
Reply by Steamtown 18717

Need Steampunk‬ ‪‎Cosplayers for our new boardgame.

Attention ‪‎steampunk‬ ‪‎cosplayers‬. I am part of an indie tabletop game developer, Portal Dragon. We are looking for steampunk cosplayer…

Started by PortalDragon

5 on Sunday
Reply by PortalDragon

The Sad Death of the Sidewheeler "Lang Syne"

I wish I had something better to report.  The side-wheeler “Lang Syne” is being demolished as I write this words, and it didn’t have to hap…

6 on Thursday

Professor Poopsnaggle's Steam Zeppelin - Australian T.V. Series (1980s)

Hi folks. A group of us in the UK are trying to track down home-taped episodes of Professor Poopsnaggle. He had a Steam Zeppelin like an o…

Started by Christopher John Brady

0 Mar 20

On the Nature and Elements of Steampunk: A Manifesto of Sorts.

On the nature and elements of Steampunk:  A Manifesto of Sorts. Several things of late have caused me to ask myself “what exactly is this S…

56 Mar 15
Reply by Dr Hemmingway (The Botanist)

What's the next step for Steampunk?

We're all Steampunks here, of course, lovers of the genre for the aesthetic or the literature or the inspiration to lovingly craft our own…

Started by Craig Hallam

141 Mar 15

steampunk whitewashed?

A bit from Mister Reeve in Aether Chronicles #24 suggests steampunk may suffer from imitation without the substance. What I mean is, folks…

Started by William J. Jackson

9 Mar 15

A bit of Help Requested with some Baltimore historic Photos

Recently, during the renovation of our marina, we came across two gaslamps that supposedly once graced the old Baltimore City Hall prior to…

3 Mar 15

Carrington Event

Did the Carrington Event aka Great Solar Flare of 1859 kick off an age of SteamPunk and would another do the same?   Some background for th…

Started by Captain

8 Mar 12
Reply by Captain

RSS

© 2015   Created by Hephzibah Marsh.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service