The Steampunk Empire

The Crossroads of the Aether

S.D. Helfrich's Discussions (427)

Discussions Started (14) Replies Latest Activity

Publish like it's 1899

I know that there are a lot of folks here at The Empire with aspirations of becoming an author, film maker, cartoonist, etc.. I had an epip…

Started by S.D. Helfrich in General Chat

14 Sep 16, 2012
Reply by S.D. Helfrich

2 fun lighting projects

This was a 1970something musical decanter I found at the flea market. These were very popular with folks who built bars in their basements…

Started by S.D. Helfrich in Maker

7 Aug 26, 2012

Victorians home defense!

I've been wanting to post this for a week or so, but haven't had a chance to edit the article until this morning. This is an actual working…

12 Jun 3, 2012
Reply by Lord Codie F.Taggart

Here's something for the submariners

I've been going through some old periodicals lately trying to figure out what I lost when my harddrive crashed last month. Since I'm going…

2 Mar 26, 2012
Reply by S.D. Helfrich

OH NO! NOT ANOTHER LAMP!

I have been trying to get clear pictures of these things fo a couple of months. I give up... we're going with fuzzy photos. Real simple stu…

4 Feb 26, 2012
Reply by S.D. Helfrich

Mardi Gras mask

Well, I finally got pictures of the mask I wore to a Mardi Gras party last Saturday night. I tied for first place in the mask competition.…

6 Feb 29, 2012
Reply by Sqn. Ldr. William Barr

Ladies and Gentlemen; I give you "Nonsinthe"!

As many here at The Steampunk Empire are aware, I've been experimenting with homemade absinthes for about 2 months now. I've talked about i…

Started by S.D. Helfrich in Food & Libation

12 Jul 13, 2012
Reply by S.D. Helfrich

Secret switches

I started using these switches about 20 years ago to wire up magician props for a friend at the Renaissance Festival. I think they will len…

1 Jan 21, 2012

A Library?

I don't know how feasable or welcome a feature like this would be, but I have been thinking for a while that a searchable, public domain, P…

Started by S.D. Helfrich in Suggestions/Feedback/Issues

10 Dec 14, 2011
Reply by Jax von Böhm

A Persona Primer

As I am currently grappling with the details of a persona, I try to keep an eye out for useful(?) tools to that end. With tongue firmly pla…

3 Dec 2, 2011
Reply by Xavier von Strauss

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hephzibah Marsh.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service