The Steampunk Empire

The Crossroads of the Aether

The Steam Trumpet, The Monkey Skulled Autamaton, and The Sun-Goggles (modified sunglasses).You like??

Views: 225

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Seeing how no one else has commented and silence is as big an insult as words I'll jump in,

I love the glasses, the monkey is cool but by the time you get to the base it seems a little aimless, he needs legs, a tractor assembly, or even a wheel chair would look kinda threatening.

The trumpet has a good feel, it flows and looks like it came from a different time line.

I think these are amazing! I love the trumpet. It looks almost Steampunk-Dr. Seuss. Very cool. The sunglasses and the monkey are both very cool too. Great job! I can tell you put in a lot of effort for these.

Thank you for the compliments. I'm glad you enjoy the pieces. It certainley would be cool to add a tractor aasembly or wheelchair to the monkey for sure, but that's far beyond my skill level to create something like that at this time. For now it's just "art for art's sake". It's only function is to try to elicit an emotional response from those who gaze upon it.

Art is never "done" but it can be abandined.

Mr. Macintyre, I would have to disagree with you about art never being "done". Ask any artist or craftsman and I'm sure they would agree.with me. I was also wondering, what exactly do you mean by "it can be abandoned", Sir?

There is always a bit more to be added, something to be revised because the old one just doesn’t work as well as the new bit. All works are in progress untill the muse distracts you to new lands that are even more interesting.

That is an interesting view indeed.

I play trumpet and I must say, if a trumpet like that was functional I would so play it :)

That would be cool. I imagine it to be capable of playing chords and manipulating tones by touching the globe, like a touch screen. :D

Indeed. I have actually thought of steampunking my trumpet a few times with parts from and antique car horn I bought a while back. If I do I'll make sure and post it.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hephzibah Marsh.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service