The Steampunk Empire

The Crossroads of the Aether

Good day Ladies and Gentleman!

I have recently added some "new" Artists to rotation on Radio Riel Steampunk, as well as some new tracks from Artists already in rotation. By "new", I mean that I did not have them in rotation until now.  :-)  They have all been on the Steampunk scene for some time.

Alexandra Hamer's two new tracks "Darling Maria, Darling Louisa" and "Cats and Starlings"
Escape the Clouds
with his albums "Circumnavigator" and "Bring the Rain"
Professor Gall's "The Psychology of Booze & Guilt"
Unwoman with "Casualties" and her Dance Remixes Teaser
Professor Elemental's "Rebel Without Applause" and "The Indifference Engine"

And now, I beg your indulgence with a question.  I am in the process of preparing "Holiday" programming and I would like to know if any of you know of, or would recommend, specific Holiday albums or artists that would be of the Steampunk aesthetic?

Yes, I have Abney Park's "Dark Christmas" and the Hellblinki Sextet's album.  :-)

I have a very wide and flexible view of what Steampunk music can be and I would consider contemporary music as well as classical music.  I would love some Holiday music suggestions for Radio Riel Steampunk if any of you have ideas.

I can't promise that I'd put *every* suggestion into rotation, but I am very curious to hear suggestions you might have.

With My Sincere Thanks and Gratitude,
Lady Gabrielle

Tags: gabrielle, radio, riel, steampunk

Views: 36

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No musical suggestions as of yet, but glad to discover your "station." Thank you for this!
The Men Who Will Not Be Blamed For Nothing just came out with a christmas album. Almost all explicit though...
Hello Gabrielle.

Listen to this exquisite little festive record. Unfortunately I cannot discover anything about the artist and I don't know if there would be any way for you to acquire a copy of it for your show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvkAdRomgCc
I have a couple of possibles in my collection:

Loreena McKennitt - A Winter Garden and To Drive the Cold Winter Away

I think she has a bit of a music hall diva sound that I can picture in a steampunk setting.

Cast in Bronze - Carol of the Bells

This gentleman plays the Carillon (A BIG set of bells) - Unfortunetly it has some other instruments that take away from the steampunk a bit, but nice anyway.

And BTW Thank you for the Steampunk Channel. I just found it and can't stop listening.
You are most welcome! Thank you for tuning in and listening!

And thank you for these suggestions. I think some of Loreena McKennitt's music will definitely work on Radio Riel Steampunk! And I am going to check out Cast in Bronze.

Finding "holiday" music that will work on Radio Riel Steampunk is very challenging. :-)
I nearly left out one of my favorites:

Jethro Tull - The Jethro Tull Christmas Album

If you picture Ian Anderson playing a steam powered flute, it works as Steampunk.
Dear Mr. Wildefarer,

I quite agree that The Jethro Tull Christmas album would work! I have the two Loreena McKennitt albums prepped and ready to go as well.

I also agree with you on Cast in Bronze - it's fabulous stuff...but oh how I wish it were solo Carillon! His arrangements are lovely, but make his work more appropriate on a station other than Radio Riel Steampunk.

I am in your debt Sir!

Sincerely,
Lady Gabrielle
You might be able to use some of the tunes from the "Very Scary Solstice" albums from the HP Lovecraft Historical Society. Elvis singing "Have a Blue Blue Solstice" isn't exactly steampunk, but still...
Your Most Honorable,

Thank you most kindly for these suggestions! I have procured both of the Lovecraft albums and you will be able to hear them in rotation on Radio Riel Steampunk after December 8!

Sincerely,
Lady Gabrielle
Dear Lady,
So glad to have been of assistance! You and Radio Riel are boons!
Best regards,
Montcalm
Thank you, Lady Gabrielle, for spreading the word about the many eclectic artists out there. I'll be sure to drop another link to your site once the Christmas rotation goes live.

May I suggest some soundtracks:
* Danny Elfman work, such as the Nightmare Before Christmas OST.
* Cirque du Soleil pieces, such as "Ice Giants" and "Tundra Ballet" from the Wintuk soundtrack.

Also, Deadly Nightshade Botanical Society is coming out with a new Christmas EP. They just sent out download links to those who preordered their last CD. Contact Robert Hazelton or DNBS Dizzy - probably via Facebook - and see if they can provide you a copy.
My Lady,
Just struck me - Winter's Knight by Nox Arcana.
Yours,
Montcalm

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hephzibah Marsh.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service