The Steampunk Empire

The Crossroads of the Aether

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen, I hereby formally invite you to attend The Accepted Cog Saloon. 

For all those worried about the time of day, do not fret. I have oft heard the saying "it is 5'oclock on Friday somewhere." Well I fed this data into my analytical engine, then plugged it into one of Mr. Steampunker's temporal iris machines. Once the crank on the tabulator was turned, Eureka, a temporal time shift bubble encased the saloon. Once you enter the doors of this place, it is 5 of the clock on a Friday afternoon, and you can pack up your worries and enjoy it like it is the weekend tomorrow.
What happens after you leave the temporal bubble is your problem, sorry.

Want a beverage or foodstuff that does not exist in England in the Year 18..? Do not fret. A well respected author I refer to a lot discovered L-space, that dimension created by the accumulation of knowledge into which all libraries in time and space are linked.

I reasoned that since once alcohol is consumed people seem to know everything, the same principles could be applied here, thus:

Alcohol=knowledge, knowledge=power, power = energy, energy=matter, and matter=mass.

Since mass has the ability to warp space, this formulae allowed me to punch through the barrier of space and time and link all places where alcohol is served via B-space, wherever and whenever they may be. So, request a food or drink, and I shall navigate the labyrinth of B-space to find you your desire (by removing it from another’s establishment) and return to you in mere moments. There is a karma in it all, as I have allowed other barkeeps entrance to the system, so we all borrow from each other.

So, come one, come all, park your air ships on the roof, shrug off your jetpacks and coats, wipe the coal dust from your cheeks, and come in for an evening of entertainment and lively discussion. 

Tags: Back, Room, The, bar, drinks, saloon

Views: 66205

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hmm quiet in here. This walking thing must be taking on. Funny that some of my usual customers have not returned yet.

I've done my walking for the day- what do you have in the way of an excellent wine, Barkeep?

Ah good, she returns, i was getting worried. Now red of white? I have an 1775 Spatlese wine of German make, interestingly the grapes came from a late harvest, and were semi rotted when it was made, however they produced an exceptional sweet Riesling variety wine. This bottle is from the original batch, they adopted the technique of delaying picking for every harvest thereafter, but i believe the original is the best.

Not a sweet wine fan, though I appreciate the complexity of the process - perhaps one of the dryer Rhein wines?

Try then this Blischert red, made in Neuwied, 1802 vintage, 

Do tell us about your walk, did you see any sights?

This is delightful, thank you! 

My wanderings were just a quick perambulation around my neighborhood but it was a lovely day.

wonderful, i do so enjoy a bracing walk in the city. The gleam of gaslight through the smog at midday. The tangy taste of unburnt carbon in the air. The sound of clanking machinery cutting through the din of a million people living life as loudly as possible. The scent of unwashed bodies and open drains. The squish of the boot into morse manure. The senses are quite overwhelmed.

That was a lovely walk. Mr.Ripper was very informative but it is getting dark now.  Perhaps, I shall have something sweet like a lemon drop martini. It would sweeten my normally tart outlook. It has been a long week of drudgery.

I do wish you would travel somewhere to bring back some wonderful live music. It would be sooo lovely to dance the night away. The weather has turned warm and is inviting me to stay.  I see some inviting chaps at the end of the bar that look like they might like to give it a go. The flickering candle light brings an air of romance to this quaint saloon.

Keep it lively Sir Murray! (flipping some gold coins on the counter)

I must admit that though i am an expert at procuring the asked for drinks, steam music is not my forte. I would not know where to start to find a suitable band to bring here. Do you mayhap have a suggestion for me to track down?

What did you find on your walk, any areas of interest? I do hope you stayed out of the Whitechapel area, did you here about those poor girls, throats cut and abdomens mutilated. This is just the sort of thing Mr Ripper was on about. I am thinking of organizing a gang of vigilantes to help him clean up the area.

Here is your drink by the by. And you, a tart, never! Not like those poor girls.

Very kind sir. I must admit my mind was wandering more toward the sky above during our walkabout. I do feel sorry for those poor dear girls. But I must admit to carrying a sword conceiled in my cane. It come in quite handy from time to time.

As for musical ideas: why not try Panic?At the Disco, or as mentioned in another chat, Rammstein. I saw them once when they shared the bill with Apocalyptica. A fun band for sure. Either band is sure to keep the mood festive.

Thanks for the martini. My mood has surely lifted. Such fine folk to keep time with. My worries from the week are behind me. Perhaps I shall just wind up the old victrola and let what music there is just come. It is late. If I wait much longer, those gents may not be able to stand let alone spin me around the floor a few times.

**steps out of the bar and into the real world to ask a question**

(I think it was you that i sent a song to once before. did it work, ie could you play it easily? If so i will attempt to interject the occasional song into the room, though i am not sure my tastes are what others desire. Would not think Rammstein are on my playlists!)

Not sure if Rammstein is on your playlist, but I did hear the song and truelly enjoyed it! Such a gentleman you are!!

RSS

Search the Empire

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hephzibah Marsh.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service