The Steampunk Empire

The Crossroads of the Aether

i'm not sure i have a favorite but i am currently enjoying Boneshaker by Cherie Priest.

Views: 4117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Affinity Bridge by George Mann George Mann, a great read, with plenty of adventure, daring do and the perils of opium. That or any of the Space Captain Smith books by Toby Frost, because what is there not to like?

The Difference Engine by Bruce Sterling and William Gibson is a favorite, and Infernal Devices by K.W. Jeter because it was my first;)

Love this link as I am a total novice when it comes to Steampink literature. 
I have just started reading, "Infernal Devices"....definetly not a speed read or else you miss all the details...does anyone else ''picture' the scene while reading a book? Sometimes I am so busy 'picturing' ,I have to re-read the paragraph (or page!) in order to get the story in there too!

And here I thought I was the only one trying to "picture" what I was reading!  I am also a novice to SP lit, so I am starting with collections of short stories for now.

Ooooo how I do love a good novel!

I too am without a favorite, but I just finished the Parasol Protectorate Series by Gail Carriger. Book 1 is by far the best...the other books in the series were just O.K.

Oh! And the Iron Duke by Meljean Brook O'course! How can I forget. (Can you tell I love a good romance..tee he he) Romance aside, the plot is very good, and beautifully written.

I did read the Clockwork Angel, first in The Infernal Devices Series by Cassandra Clare. SOOOOO Good! I believe man or woman, you will enjoy this series. I can't wait until the next book comes out!

The Court of the Air  by Stephen Hunt, The Jackelian Series.  This was a great book! I just started reading the next book in that series, The Kingdom Beyond The Waves.
I -adore- Court of the Air!
I enjoyed the Stephen Hunt novels. I certainly wouldn't count them as a favorite book of all times, but liked them enough that I'll snatch up the next installment in the series when my boyfriend is done with it.

I would have to say that The Peshawar Lancers by S.M. Stirling and The Dark Tower Series by Stephen King rank right up there. Presently, however, I am on a nostalgia kick...re-reading Jules Verne and H.G. Wells.

My spouse is not a big fiction reader, but he loves The Peshawar Lancers so much that he's read it at least twice in the last two years. I guess I'm going to have to take a peek.

On the other hand, I just finished The Iron Duke, and while it wasn't awful I'd have to say I won't be seeking out anything else by that writer. It just seemed to be trying way too hard to be STEAMPUNK, with a chunk of old school "dark, brooding and forceful" hero and some serious erotica. It just feels like it's trying to cover as many demographics as possible. At any rate, my review is here.

I was curious about the Parasol protectorate series. I've read very mixed reviews... but then, is that not always the case! So, worth buying, you'd say?
Thanks! Will certainly try it.

RSS

© 2015   Created by Hephzibah Marsh.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service