I have officially started the planning phase. I had a rare day to myself so no better time to get the ball moving. I thought to myself just pull out all the furniture and take inventory – that turned into deciding what furniture would go in what room and what each room would be in the house – which turned into realizing this steampunk family was going to have a bit of an open lifestyle. You see the playmobil Victorian house has 2 rooms per floor, other than the attic, and each room opens into the next. So I found myself getting all bothered by the fact that my little steampunk playmobil people would have to either walk through the library to get to the bathroom which would then open onto the veranda or vice versa. In the middle of trying to work out the dilemma my husband reminded me they are just toys and it doesn’t matter. Oh yeah! Anyway in the end I decided that the little chaps would have to walk through the library to get to the bathroom. The bathroom has the most steam-able gadgets of all, the shower is “powered” by a delightful little boiler. Some "before" photos of the bathroom.
So here’s the floor plan;
2nd floor room 1: Library/Den
2nd floor room 2: Bathroom
1st floor room 1: Parlor/Entrance
1st floor room 2: Kitchen
1st floor glass patio: Dinning Room
Ok it’s pretty standard really. The excitement comes with the modification not the floor plan...
And look, everything got a bath today – dirty plastic bits that they were!
Colors, paints, maybe some lovely little fabric curtains and figuring out what I’m going to recover the walls in, cause wallpaper remnants would be too easy!